Timber Trade mission to Belarus scheduled for June 2018
Following a number of Belarusian-UK events in timber sector in 2017, the Belarusian Universal Commodity Exchange (hereafter – BUCE) in partnership with the UK Department for International Trade, the Embassy of The Republic of Belarus in The United Kingdom and the Embassy of the United Kingdom in the Republic of Belarus, have organised a timber trade mission to Belarus.
The visit - to take place from 17 to 20 June 2018 - is open for registration until 19th May 2018 and can host up to 7 delegates.
British companies will be introduced to the export sales of sawnwood from Belarus with the opporunity to meet Belarusian timber industry decision makers, including members of the Government, leadership of the Belarusian Universal Commodity Exchange (the only organization authorized for direct sales of sawnwood from sawmills), CEOs of Belarusian sawmills, traders and market experts.
Delegates will get in-depth information on :
- Timber industry within Belarus, sawn softwood export conditions; FYI: 2017 Belarusian timber trade/average prices in 2017.
- brokers services; pre-delivery independent inspection services; UK shipment services; discussing payment methods, long term sawnwood supplies etc.
- side focus for refunded places: information on panel production (chipboards, particle boards, plywood, fiberboards MDF, floor covering: laminated floor panels, solid wood flooring, parquet, etc.), glued laminated timber, prefabricated wooden houses, gardening and fencing etc.
Free transportation within Belarus will be arranged for you to the factories and mills, meetings with the top-management of the companies will be organized.
Highlights of the visit includes:
- Visit to the “Belarusian universal commodity exchange”, presentation, timber products online auction master class, meeting with traders, accredited at BUCE;
- Meeting with the Belarusian Production and Trade Concern of timber, woodworking, pulp and paper industry "Bellesbumprom"
- Reception for UK delegation on behalf of H.E. Ambassador of the United Kingdom Ms Fionna Gibb
- Individual visits to sawmills and woodworking factories, according to the interests of the each delegate.
Click to see the draft program of the visit for details.
For more info about the mission, click here.