PEFC UK publishes presentations from its Annual Stakeholder Meeting 2016
Presentations and insight form the PEFC Annual Stakeholder Day 2016 are now available on PEFC UK website here.
The event - held on Tuesday 5th of July at the Society of Chemical Industry in London - saw relevant contributions by Ignacio Gavilan, Director of Sustainability for the influential global industry group, the Consumer Goods Forum (CGF), Martyn White of the John Lewis Partnership, Steve Cook of Willmott Dixon, Riikka Joukio of Metsäboard and the WBCSD Forest Solutions Group and Sarah Price, Head of Projects & Development.
Main findings of the Annual Stakeholder Day include:
- PEFC has released over 17 500 Chain of Custody certifications in 62 countries covering more than 285 Million hectares of forest worldwide
- Certified forest area has grown +4% in the past 3 years
- Annual demand for industrial wood is expected to grow constantly in the near future
- Developing standards that are both achievable and stretching will be an ongoing challenge
- Certification plays a key role in brand value and recognition
- Collaboration through trade bodies creates a strong common voice
- Make Legal and Sustainable sourcing is a key requisite for any fit out or new build projects
For more information, please contact Hilary Khawam at [email protected].