International Conference: Russia's market of timber and sawn wood 2017 | 21 April 2017 | Moscow
On 21th April 2017, the Intercontinental Hotel Moscow will host the international conference "Russia's market of timber and sawn wood 2017."
The event - supported by the Russia's Ministry of Industry and Trade, Industry department of HMAO-Ugra - will focus on growth prospects for the Russia's national forest industry and will provide a platform for discussion of current issues regarding Russian timber market.
Export trends, processing prospects, lessees’ potential changeover to the intensive model of forest management and regeneration are some of the matters for analysis and definition of the forest industry outlook.
The regulatory environment of the forest industry will come under special scrutiny. Discussions will revolve around the initiative by Russia’s industry and trade ministry to limit exports of birch as a result of veneer stock shortages in the domestic market and its potential impact.
The 2017 conference will also debate on timber transportation, the introduction of base railway stations and creation of local hubs on the basis of regular timber transhipment railway stations.
Main topics on the conference also include:
- Global trends in logging and wood processing
- Potential impact from the forthcoming birch export ban
- New forestry and related legislation. Government agencies’ initiatives
- Pricing, trading instruments (OTC and exchange trading), foreign and regional best practices in trade and standard development
- Regional and foreign experience of wood processing. Expanding assortments
- Lessees’ potential changeover to the intensive model of forest management and regeneration
- Rolling stock availability crisis – platforms, open-top cars, chip-carriers. Rates analysis. Timber transportation from felling sites
- Possible revision of road trains loading norms as timber transportation by truck is transfixed by weight-checking stations in the regions
The complete event programme is available here.
For more details, contact +7(495) 775-07-40 or email@example.com.
View CTI & Industry Calendar.