TRADA's Better Timber Buildings conference | 15 November 2018 | London
Following on from the success of the last two annual conferences, TRADA and their service provider Exova BM TRADA have joined forces to host a one-day timber conference levelled at uniting the industry in the pursuit of a common goal: building Better Timber Buildings.
On 15 November 2018, members of the timber industry will assemble at the Royal Geographical Society, London, for a day of talks, Q&As, and debate. The conference is aimed at architects, engineers, suppliers and clients, and aspires to support individuals looking to hone their talents when it comes to designing superb structures in timber. The day will involve four central sessions and attempts to unite inspirational case studies with practical hands-on guidance where high-performance is critical.
A broad array of topics are predicted, with planned talks and discussions around the following:
- The awe-inspiring Macallan Distillery, arguably one of the most complex timber structures ever built in the UK;
- The potential of timber design guides, such as TRADA’s National Structural Timber Specification (NSTS), which attempt to encapsulate decades of experience and innovation into streamlined documents that helpfully steer you to specify right from the ground up;
- Current issues affecting the timber industry and well-rounded, practical solutions to them;
- Correctly designing timber structures in relation to fire safety and durability; and
- How we can utilise reports from home warranty and insurance providers, and quantity surveyors, to discover our past successes and mistakes.
“The Better Timber Buildings conference is about switching tack,” says TRADA’s Rupert Scott. “Timber’s popularity continues to grow but now, more than ever, we need to look further and begin taking our timber buildings to the next level. This means aspiring to do a better job right through the chain – from specification to completion – and the best way to start is collectively.”
To attend, please book here: http://bettertimberbuildings.eventbrite.co.uk
View the event on the CTI Industry Calendar.