WPA Making the Most of Wood Conference 2019 | 11 April 2019 | Warwickshire
The WPA’s Making the Most of Wood Conference 2019 gets right to the heart of the big issues that will shape future demand for industrial wood protection processes and products.
The event, organised by the Wood Protection Association (WPA), will take place at the Forest of Arden Hotel, Warwickshire, on Thursday 11th April 2019.
David Hopkins, Managing Director of the Timber Trades Federation (TTF) will talk about how TTF has put building confidence in preservative treated wood at the top of its agenda and the strategy it is pursuing in collaboration with WPA to make this happen; WPA’s CEO Gordon Ewbank will follow this with further details about the part WPA is playing in this strategic partnership, including news about the association’s quality schemes for both preservative and flame retardant treated wood.
After the mid-morning break, BRE’s authority on sustainable development, Dr Ed Suttie, will set out the latest thinking on the role of wood in meeting a growing demand for healthy buildings and the implications for the treated wood sector.
Finally, whilst CLT is seen as something of a flagship product for the timber in construction sector worldwide, questions about its long-term durability are now surfacing. Elisabeth Piveteau-Boley of Piveteaubois, will talk about the manufacture of preservative pre-treated CLT panels for applications where enhanced confidence in durability is required.
Conference will conclude with wood industry communications expert Liz Male MBE tackling our speakers about the big issues and opportunities that face the wood protection sector and inviting audience questions. Here is the full conference programme:
- 09.25 – Opening welcome
- 09.30 – Building confidence in preservative treated wood – Dave Hopkins, MD TTF
- 10.00 – WPA Benchmark QA & Product Approval Schemes – Gordon Ewbank: – providing UK wood treaters with the means to raise quality; – interlocking quality schemes build confidence in FR treated materials
- 10.30 – Networking break – refreshments
- 11.15 – Healthy buildings and wood – Ed Suttie, BRE
- 11.45 – CLT construction is good – durable CLT is better! – Elisabeth Piveteau-Boley
- 12.15 – Question time – Liz Male tackles our speakers on the challenges and opportunities for the wood protection industry
- 13.00 – Lunch in the restaurant. Depart after lunch
WPA has negotiated a special rate for delegates attending the Annual WPA Awards event and Conference of £199.00 + VAT. This covers the Awards reception and dinner, bed, breakfast, lunch and conference refreshments.
Conference attendance only: WPA Members £50.00 + VAT Non-Members: £150 + VAT
To book your place contact Caroline Hewison